Sunday, June 11, 2006

 

A Fascinating Discovery

While working on a heritage project for my stepson I became intrigued enough to search out my own ancestry. For hours over the past week I've googled, yahoo-ed and accoona-ed my way, searching on the main family names in my line. And I hit gold!!!! I was able to find, contact and hear back from a gentelman who lives not far from me - who happens to be a cousin. Now I am not good at this second cousin, once removed, etc etc kind of stuff. But he and I share the same great-grandfather!!!! He shared my note with his sister and she emailed me as well. I was just about bursting with excitement knowing other people, people I don't even know, are part of my family! As the song goes, "It's a small world afterall."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?